Whether you’ve religiously followed a 10-step skincare routine every night since your 20s or you’ve never paid any attention to your skin whatsoever, there will come a day when you look into the mirror and find yourself shocked at the deep creases staring back out at you.
They say that prevention is better than cure, so is it too late to turn things around once your fine lines start to etch themselves into deeper creases?
Fortunately, no, there are a handful of topical products out there that you can use to firm and plump up your skin, thereby erasing your wrinkles. That said, some work far better than others. If you want to treat your skin to clinically proven formulas that are near-guaranteed to be effective on deep wrinkles, check out the 10 products below.
|Editor's Choice||#2nd Best Choice||#3rd Best Choice|
LifeCell All-In-One Skin-Tightening Treatment
#2nd Best Choice
RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream
#3rd Best Choice
Olay Regenerist Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer Cream
Table of Contents
- Best Age Defying Formula for Both Instant & Long-Term Results: LifeCell All-In-One Skin-Tightening Treatment
- Best Cream for Forehead Wrinkles: RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Anti-Aging Night Cream
- Best Over-the-Counter Wrinkle Cream for Hydration & Elasticity Benefits: Olay Regenerist Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer Cream
- Best Affordable Anti-Aging Cream for Boosting Collagen Production: Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Retinol Cream
- Best Product to Use for Treating Crow Feet around the Eyes: SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex
- Best Face Moisturizer for Firming the Skin: Senté Dermal Contour Pressed Serum
- Best Natural Formula for Skin Prone to Redness & Irritation: Alpyn Beauty PlantGenius Melt Moisturizer with Bakuchiol
- Best Skin Care Serum for Fine Lines & Deep Wrinkles: Clinique Smart Clinical Repair Wrinkle Correcting Serum
- Best Serum for Rejuvenating & Renewing the Skin: SkinMedica TNS Essential Serum
- Top Organic Anti-Wrinkle Cream that Really Works on Loose Skin: Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Lifting Neck Cream
- Q: What is best treatment for deep wrinkles?
- Q: Can you reverse deep wrinkles?
- Q: What wrinkle cream actually works?
- Q: Do any deep wrinkle creams work?
- Q: What is the best wrinkle cream on the market?
- Q: According to reviews, what is the best lotion for wrinkles on women over 50?
- Q: Which serums would a dermatologist recommend for wrinkles?
- Q: Can alpha hydroxy acids help with deep wrinkles?
Best Age Defying Formula for Both Instant & Long-Term Results: LifeCell All-In-One Skin-Tightening Treatment
Most of the general wrinkle creams out there won’t touch deep wrinkles. For these, you need super-targeted ingredients, which is what the LifeCell All-in-One Skin-Tightening Treatment provides. This formula not only firms and tightens the skin over time, but it also delivers instant smoothing and brightening results – it’s almost addictive!
Key Ingredients: Vitamin A, Vitamin C, DMAE & Hyaluronic Acid
There are a handful of must-have active ingredients out there when tackling deep wrinkles, and you’ll find them all in this formula. Even better, it contains two forms of some of them, such as vitamins A and C, to double up on results.
DMAE also contributes to how this product is so successful at smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, while hyaluronic acid hydrates and plumps skin. In this cream, it takes the form of sodium hyaluronate, which has a smaller molecular size that enables it to penetrate deeper into the skin.
- Tightens and firms fine lines and wrinkles
- Helps to brighten skin tone and fade dark spots
- Non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic – this formula can be used on all skin types, including sensitive skin
- A little more expensive than some of the other anti-aging products on this list, but we think it’s worth it for what many agree is one of the best wrinkle creams available
Best Cream for Forehead Wrinkles: RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Anti-Aging Night Cream
The skin on the forehead is slightly thicker than the skin on other parts of the face , meaning that deep wrinkles on the forehead will need a more potent product than, say, wrinkles around the eyes. The RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Anti-Aging Night Cream is perfect for this. This powerful night cream formula has been clinically proven to reduce the appearance of deep wrinkles after just 12 weeks of regular use.
Key Ingredients: RoC® Retinol, Glycolic Acid & Squalane
Retinol is revered for its collagen-boosting effects, as well as for how it encourages cell renewal to brighten skin tone. RoC has used a patented form of retinol in this cream, which is almost as powerful as what you would find in a prescription product. It’s the perfect strength for diving deep into forehead skin.
Glycolic acid helps to pave the way by clearing dead skin cells, while squalane and shea butter keep the skin moisturized and soothed, mitigating any potential side effects that this deep wrinkle night cream may have otherwise caused.
- Contains a patented form of retinol that can’t be found elsewhere
- Effective at minimizing deep wrinkles on the face after 3 months of nightly use
- Contains parabens, a preservative that some people try to avoid
Best Over-the-Counter Wrinkle Cream for Hydration & Elasticity Benefits: Olay Regenerist Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer Cream
Many swear by the Olay Regenerist Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer Cream, and it’s easy to see why. This go-to product is reliable and dependable – use it once and your skin will look immediately renewed, with that deeply hydrated feeling lasting for 24 hours. Continue to use the cream each day and, after 28 days, you’ll notice an improvement in skin elasticity and firmness.
Key Ingredients: Niacinamide & Amino Acids
Niacinamide is a key component of this formula. Also known as vitamin B3, it strengthens the skin barrier while improving skin texture and tone.
The amino acids in this blend come in the form of amino peptides. These boost collagen production by providing your skin cells with everything that they need to construct more of these structural proteins. The result? Firmer and smoother skin, with fewer expression lines and deep wrinkles.
- A great formula for hydrating the skin while smoothing wrinkles
- Helps to even out skin tone and lighten age spots too
- Contains alcohols, parabens, and fragrance, which could irritate sensitive skin
- Not suitable for anyone with an oily skin type
Best Affordable Anti-Aging Cream for Boosting Collagen Production: Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Retinol Cream
There are plenty of affordable wrinkle creams out there, but many of these only offer temporary effects. If you want a budget-friendly product that’ll trigger long-term changes in your skin by boosting collagen production, then turn to the Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Retinol Cream. You’ll start to notice results after just one week, with these continuing to improve the more you use the product.
Key Ingredients: Retinol, Glycerin & Sodium Hyaluronate
This isn’t just any regular retinol cream – it contains a patented form of retinol that produces accelerated results, which is exactly what you need for deep wrinkles and sagging skin.
This formula combines retinol with glycerin and sodium hyaluronate, the salt form of hyaluronic acid. Both of these active ingredients are humectants, making them fantastic for facial rejuvenation and hydration, especially when used together.
- Results appear quickly, after just one week
- Helps with smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, while also giving you hydrated and plump skin
- Works well as a night cream but can also be used during the day
- Contains fragrance, which could irritate sensitive skin
Best Product to Use for Treating Crow Feet around the Eyes: SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex
If your deep wrinkles are concentrated around your eyes, then the SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex is what you need. This eye cream targets crow’s feet, dark circles, and puffiness, leaving you with an eye area that looks noticeably smoother, firmer, and brighter after a few weeks of regular use.
Key Ingredients: Caffeine, Vitamin E & Peptides
When applied to the skin, caffeine constricts blood vessels, which reduces blood flow to the area . As a result, puffiness, dark circles, and inflammation diminish, which is one of the reasons why this eye cream is such a hit.
Vitamin E and peptides are also brought together in this formula. Both help to improve skin tone, stimulate collagen production, and moisturize the skin.
- Specifically targets the delicate skin around the eyes
- Great for reducing fine lines and deep wrinkles, as well as puffiness and dark circles
- Has a rich texture that feels hydrating when applied
- Contains parabens
Best Face Moisturizer for Firming the Skin: Senté Dermal Contour Pressed Serum
Think serums are too light but creams are too thick? Don’t worry, you’re not being fussy – the Sente Dermal Contour Pressed Serum is the solution for you! This serum/cream hybrid delivers big time when it comes to firming the skin after 12 weeks of daily use.
Key Ingredients: Patented Molecules, Peptides, Niacinamide & AHAs
What sets this moisturizer apart from others is that it contains three patented molecules that not only reduce inflammation but also help to firm the skin from within.
Peptides make an appearance too, helping to ramp up collagen synthesis to smooth fine lines and wrinkles while tightening up crepey skin. Niacinamide plays a part in this as well, but this potent antioxidant also works to even out the skin tone and heal sun damage. It’s even more effective when combined with alpha hydroxy acids, which you’ll also find in this formula in the form of lactic and glycolic acids.
- Contains patented active ingredients that can’t be found in other anti-aging products
- Focuses on firming, hydrating, and healing the skin
- A non-comedogenic formula that won’t clog pores
- It may not be hydrating enough for people with severely dry skin
Best Natural Formula for Skin Prone to Redness & Irritation: Alpyn Beauty PlantGenius Melt Moisturizer with Bakuchiol
If you prefer your skincare products to consist of natural, organic ingredients, then take a look at the Alpyn Beauty PlantGenius Melt Moisturizer with Bakuchiol. The majority of the anti-aging ingredients in this rich cream are plant-derived, yet it’s able to reverse wrinkle formation and sun damage just as well, if not better than, its chemical-laden counterparts.
Key Ingredients: Bakuchiol, Squalane, Hyaluronic Acid & Ceramides
Many refer to bakuchiol as a plant-based retinol alternative because of how it produces very similar results , but without any of the side effects that retinol is infamous for.
While the bakuchiol in this formula takes care of deep wrinkles, squalane and hyaluronic acid come together to hydrate and fortify the skin barrier. They’re supported by ceramides, which are capable of increasing skin hydration levels for up to 24 hours .
- Free of fragrances, parabens, and other irritants
- Hydrates the skin while also diminishing deep wrinkles and repairing sun damage
- Some reviews complain about the lack of a plastic seal on the jar, but we applaud companies that try to minimize their use of plastic as much as possible
Best Skin Care Serum for Fine Lines & Deep Wrinkles: Clinique Smart Clinical Repair Wrinkle Correcting Serum
No matter how good your wrinkle cream may be, its results could be even more impressive if you layer it over the top of an anti-aging serum, with the Clinique Smart Clinical Repair Wrinkle Correcting Serum being one of our favorites. This concentrated formula targets deep wrinkles and folds to leave you with a more youthful complexion.
Key Ingredients: Peptides, Retinoids & Hyaluronic Acid
We’ve already spoken about peptides and hyaluronic acid a few times – they’re a must in good anti-aging products. What helps this serum to stand out is its exclusive retinoid complex. This helps to resurface the skin and eliminate wrinkles.
You’ll also find caffeine in this formula, which helps to perk up and brighten skin tone, plus algae extract, which is loaded with antioxidants.
- A lightweight serum that’s packed with a high concentration of active ingredients
- Plumps and smooths away deep folds and wrinkles, with initial results visible after 10 days of regular use
- Fragrance-free, paraben-free, and free of other irritants
- Some people found that this serum left their skin with a burning sensation. However, like with all retinoid products, it’s important to introduce this serum into your skincare routine gradually. This helps your skin to grow accustomed to the potent ingredients within
Best Serum for Rejuvenating & Renewing the Skin: SkinMedica TNS Essential Serum
If you want a serum that’ll make your skin look renewed and refreshed after every use, turn to the SkinMedica TNS Essential Serum. Its unique container consists of two individual chambers that each house a potent serum – combine them on your skin for a deeply regenerated finish.
Key Ingredients: TNS Recovery Complex®, Peptides & Antioxidants
In the first chamber of this product, you’ll find the patented TNS Recovery Complex®. Rich in amino acids and proteins, this serum combats skin aging while reducing inflammation.
The other chamber contains a serum that’s brimming with peptides and antioxidants. Just a thin layer of this serum will firm loose skin, hydrate dry skin, and re-balance oilier skin – it’s a win-win for every skin type!
- Your skin is able to benefit from 2 serum formulas when using this product
- Helps with skin aging as well as repairing skin cell damage
- Contains fragrance, which could irritate sensitive skin
Top Organic Anti-Wrinkle Cream that Really Works on Loose Skin: Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Lifting Neck Cream
Organic products are often considered to be less effective than their non-organic competitors, but the Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Lifting Neck Cream proves that this isn’t always the case. This formula targets deep wrinkles and loose skin on the neck, giving your décolleté a more toned and sculpted finish.
Key Ingredients: Vitamin C, Peptides, Algae & Borage Seed Oil
This formula is filled with organic active ingredients. Some of our favorites are vitamin C, which is great for brightening and tightening the skin, as well as peptides, which you’ll find in many wrinkle creams.
However, this product takes things to the next level with the addition of some very special botanical extracts. Algae is packed with powerful antioxidants, while borage seed oil and rose hip fruit extract both contain numerous vitamins and fatty acids that aging skin can really benefit from.
- Made with organic ingredients
- Lifts, tightens, and tones wrinkles and folds on the neck and chest
- Comes in airless (and sustainable) packaging to keep the ingredients potent for longer
- Designed for the neck, meaning that you’ll still need a separate wrinkle cream for wrinkles on your face
Q: What is best treatment for deep wrinkles?
The best treatment for deep wrinkles would be to use a good anti-aging serum, followed by a wrinkle cream and plenty of SPF to keep you safe from sun exposure.
Q: Can you reverse deep wrinkles?
Yes, deep wrinkles can be reversed, but it takes time!
Q: What wrinkle cream actually works?
All of the 10 wrinkle creams on this page have been clinically proven to work.
Q: Do any deep wrinkle creams work?
Yes, some deep wrinkle creams work well – the secret to finding one that works is to assess the ingredients used to create it. Read our tips above to learn more about the best active ingredients for deep wrinkles.
Q: What is the best wrinkle cream on the market?
Many would say that the LifeCell All-in-One Skin Tightening Treatment is the best cream for deep wrinkles.
Q: According to reviews, what is the best lotion for wrinkles on women over 50?
If you’re over 50, a richer cream would be more beneficial than a lotion to counter thinning skin.
Q: Which serums would a dermatologist recommend for wrinkles?
If you’re dealing with wrinkles, a dermatologist would recommend a serum containing vitamin C, retinol, peptides, and hyaluronic acid.
Q: Can alpha hydroxy acids help with deep wrinkles?
Yes, alpha hydroxy acids are great for resurfacing and firming the skin.
Deep wrinkles on your face are a sign that the aging process has already taken a significant toll. Many think that those creases and folds can’t be reversed, but this isn’t true. So long as you pick a wrinkle cream from the list above, meaning one that makes use of quality, proven ingredients, you’ll be able to plump, firm, and smooth your complexion to make those deep wrinkles less visible.