Everyone needs a good vitamin C serum. That’s right – we said everyone. Whether you’ve got dry and sensitive skin, oily skin peppered with acne marks, or mature skin that’s sporting a few fine lines and wrinkles, vitamin C can help with all of that and more.
With beauty experts and skincare bloggers all over the world raving about the benefits offered by vitamin C, cosmetic companies have responded in a predictable fashion – just about every skincare brand out there now has their own version of vitamin C serum.
Over the years, we’ve tried and tested many, and have often experienced great results. So, when we heard about the Biolumin-C Serum from Dermalogica, we were excited to see how this formula would compare to the rest.
Table of Contents
- What is the Dermalogica Biolumin-C Serum & What Does it Do to the Face?
- Key Ingredients: A Closer Look at What This Anti-Aging Skin Care Product Contains
- Does it Work? Here’s What Dermalogica Biolumin-C Serum Reviews Say About Results + Before and After Pictures
- When & How to Use Dermalogica’s Biolumin-C Serum
- Price & Purchasing: Where to Buy This Serum & Other Dermalogica Brand Products
- Dermalogica Biolumin-C Serum Conclusion: Does This Vitamin C Serum Deserve its 5-Star Rating?
What is the Dermalogica Biolumin-C Serum & What Does it Do to the Face?
The Dermalogica Biolumin-C Serum is a high-performance vitamin C serum. Unlike many of the other vitamin C products out there, this one makes use of a super-stabilized vitamin C complex, enabling it to deliver bigger and better results.
When it comes to this product’s benefits, you can expect to see:
A Reduction in the Appearance of Fine Lines and Wrinkles
One of the main reasons why people use vitamin C serums is for their anti-aging benefits.
And, thanks to this one’s unique formula, it’s able to dramatically reduce wrinkles and fine lines, while giving the skin a firmer and tighter appearance.
It’s the ideal way to halt skin aging in its tracks.
A Brighter Skin Tone with Fewer Dark Spots and Acne Marks
Vitamin C is revered for its skin brightening effects, to the point where it’s a go-to for those dealing with dark spots and hyperpigmentation. In addition to lightening those dark marks, this serum will also brighten your overall skin tone, leaving you with radiant skin.
An Overall Healthier Complexion
In addition to vitamin C, this serum also contains a number of other antioxidants. Together, they repair free radical damage in skin cells while also aiding in the skin’s various functions, which helps to give you a healthier and happier complexion.
Key Ingredients: A Closer Look at What This Anti-Aging Skin Care Product Contains
Dermalogica claims that they have used advanced biotechnology to ensure that this superior formula outperforms other vitamin C-based serums. However, what exactly is in this formula that makes it so effective? Let’s take a closer look at some of its main active ingredients:
- 4.7% Ultra stable vitamin C complex, consisting of Ascorbyl Methylsilanol Pectinate and Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate – by using stabilized forms of the vitamin, Dermalogica is able to incorporate more vitamin C, and in higher concentrations, into this serum than other brands do
- Lactic acid – this alpha hydroxy acid is known for its mild exfoliating effect that can accelerate cell turnover. However, lactic acid is also fantastic for hydrating the skin, leaving skin feeling noticeably softer
- Citrus Grandis (grapefruit) peel oil – a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that has also been proven to be effective at treating acne 
- Salvia hispanica (chia seed) extract – packed with omega fatty acids that help to restore and strengthen the skin’s barrier
- Sunflower seed oil – an intensely hydrating, non-comedogenic oil that’s brimming with antioxidants to quench free radicals. It’s great for both oily and dry skin that’s experiencing oxidative stress
- Sodium hyaluronate – one of skincare’s most-loved hydrating ingredients, this humectant will infuse your skin with moisture, immediately giving it a plumper finish
- Sophora japonica flower extract – contains antioxidants that protect the skin from environmental damage, just like vit C does!
- Palmitoyl tripeptide-5 – a relatively new peptide created with advanced technology that helps to boost collagen production in the skin, leaving it smoother and firmer
- Sodium hydroxide – don’t be afraid of this chemical-sounding ingredient. It’s safe for the skin in small amounts and helps to maintain the pH of a product, which is what makes this serum suitable for all skin types
Does it Work? Here’s What Dermalogica Biolumin-C Serum Reviews Say About Results + Before and After Pictures
We couldn’t believe our eyes when we saw the results that people have experienced after regularly using this serum. Reviews are generally very positive, stating how this serum helped return skin to a much healthier state. People of every skin type and color have used it with success.
The before and after photos that we viewed were particularly striking. Dark spots virtually disappear, and the skin looks much firmer and tauter.
When & How to Use Dermalogica’s Biolumin-C Serum
Dermalogica recommends using this product in both your morning skincare routine and your nighttime routine. Make sure that you have first cleansed your face, and then go ahead and apply a full dropper of this serum to your skin. Once you’ve smoothed it in, follow up with a moisturizer.
Price & Purchasing: Where to Buy This Serum & Other Dermalogica Brand Products
This serum is available in two sizes; 1 oz. ($89) and 2 oz. ($139). Going for the larger size saves you a significant amount of money, but we would still recommend starting small at first to ensure that you like the product (which we’re sure you will!) before investing in a larger bottle.
There are several retailers that sell this serum, but if you’re purchasing it online, buy it directly from Dermalogica. This way, you’ll be guaranteed a genuine product (there are lots of fakes out there!), and you’ll also be able to enjoy the deals and discounts regularly offered by the brand.
Q: What does Biolumin-C Serum do?
The Biolumin-C serum helps to fade wrinkles, brighten dark spots, and improve overall skin health.
Q: Is Dermalogica Vitamin C good?
Yes, the vitamin C serum from Dermalogica is amazing!
Q: What is the percentage of vitamin C in Dermalogica BioLumin Age C serum?
The BioLumin C Serum contains 4.7% stable vitamin C.
Q: Can I purchase Dermalogica Biolumin Smart C serum on Amazon?
Yes, the serum is available on Amazon.
Q: Does Dermalogica’s Biolumin-C Serum contain hyaluronic acid?
Yes, it does, in the form of sodium hyaluronate.
Q: Can the Biolumin-C Serum help with rosacea?
Yes, research shows that topical vitamin C can help to treat the symptoms of rosacea .
Dermalogica Biolumin-C Serum Conclusion: Does This Vitamin C Serum Deserve its 5-Star Rating?
We’re no stranger to vitamin C serums, and chances are that you aren’t either. However, Dermalogica’s Biolumin-C Serum isn’t just a gimmick – it’s a truly effective formula that stands out from the crowd in a big way. Give it a try and you’ll likely soon relegate all of your other vitamin C serums to the back of your skincare shelf.