Have you ever wondered why the skin on your lips looks different from the skin on the rest of your face? There are a few reasons for this; the skin in this area is naturally thinner, which is why your blood vessels show through and give your lips their pink hue.
Your lips also don’t have any hair follicles or sebaceous glands – the only thing keeping them protected and moisturized is your saliva, which is why lips are so prone to drying out.
You probably already know that your skin thins with age, and this includes your already-thin lips too . As a result, they turn even drier, with laugh lines and fine feather lines becoming more prominent.
If you’d like to keep your pout soft, plump, and beautifully kissable, then you’ll need to add a lip treatment into your skin care routine. One that’s recently caught our eye is the Nightly Lip Treatment from Dermalogica. Is this balm really capable of transforming the appearance of your lips? Let’s find out!
Table of Contents
- What is the Dermalogica Nightly Lip Treatment?
- What are the Benefits of Using This Overnight Lip Balm?
- Key Ingredients: What’s Actually in This Beauty Product?
- Customer Reviews & Ratings: Does This Lip Treatment Work?
- How to Use This Anti-Aging Lip Balm
- Where to Buy the Nightly Lip Treatment + Other Dermalogica Products
- Dermalogica Nightly Lip Treatment Review Conclusion: Is This Really the Best Night Treatment for Your Lips?
What is the Dermalogica Nightly Lip Treatment?
The Dermatologica Nightly Lip Treatment is a thick lip balm designed to be used at night. Not only does it promise to soften and smoothen the lip area, but it also claims to be able to tackle any fine lines on and around the lips.
What are the Benefits of Using This Overnight Lip Balm?
Let’s take a closer look at some of the benefits offered by this lip treatment:
It Will Restore Skin Volume to Give You Fuller & Plumper Lips
As mentioned, the lips thin with age, but this balm promises to counter that. It helps restore skin volume on the lips as well as around them, which leaves you with a fuller, plumper, and younger-looking pout.
Hydrates Dry Lips
Dryness heavily contributes to chapped lips, so any good lip treatment needs to be hydrating. This one meets the mark – it’s packed with moisturizing ingredients that’ll keep your lips soft and supple.
This Formula Firms the Skin to Reduce the Appearance of Wrinkles & Other Aging Signs
If you’re trying to get rid of lip lines and feather lines, this balm is worth a try. Its rich overnight formula firms the skin on the lips, which restores skin elasticity to reduce the visible signs of aging. In addition to treating the lips themselves, this perioral treatment smoothes the skin around the lips too.
Key Ingredients: What’s Actually in This Beauty Product?
It’s always worth taking a look at a product’s ingredient list to check if it really does have the potential to live up to its claims and supposed benefits. When it comes to this lip balm, the ingredient blend used by Dermalogica left us impressed. Here are some of its key components:
- Shea butter – vitamin-rich shea butter works in several ways. It can improve skin elasticity, restore barrier function, even out skin tone, and treat aging skin.
- Sesame seed extract – the fatty acids in sesame seed extract hydrate the lips, which reduces the appearance of fine feather lines and wrinkles. It’s also brimming with vitamin E, which protects skin barrier function against visible signs of aging.
- Indian gentian extract – this medicinal herb inhibits melanin production in the skin. If you’ve noticed discoloration on or around your lips, which can be triggered by everything from sun exposure to smoking, this botanical can help.
- Sodium hyaluronate – the salt form of hyaluronic acid, this humectant draws moisture into skin cells, quickly giving them a plumper finish while also minimizing the look of laugh and feather lines.
Customer Reviews & Ratings: Does This Lip Treatment Work?
We checked out numerous reviews on this product, and the majority were overwhelmingly positive. People love how this overnight formula firms, hydrates, and softens their lips. Its moisturizing benefits reduces the appearance of fine feather lines very effectively, giving the mouth area a much smoother and tighter look.
Many also state how it’s the perfect product to use before applying a lipstick, since its Indian gentian extract, advanced volumizing technology, and humectant blend helps to prevent lipstick from feathering.
How to Use This Anti-Aging Lip Balm
For best results, Dermalogica recommends using this lip balm every night. It’s suitable for all skin types, so you won’t need to worry about it causing any irritation.
You’ll need to first cleanse and tone your skin, not only the skin on your lips but also the skin around them. Then, dispense one pump of the balm and apply generously to your lips. Massage it in until your skin has absorbed it.
Where to Buy the Nightly Lip Treatment + Other Dermalogica Products
We’d recommend purchasing this lip treatment directly from Dermalogica. Our research shows that the brand’s official website offers the best prices, especially when combined with the deals and promotions that Dermalogica is known for.
Q: Can Dermalogica’s Nightly Lip Treatment be used in the daytime too?
Although this gluten-free lip balm is best used at night, it’s safe for daytime use too.
Q: Is the Nightly Lip Treatment good for lines and wrinkles?
Yes, this lip treatment is fantastic for fine lines and wrinkles.
Dermalogica Nightly Lip Treatment Review Conclusion: Is This Really the Best Night Treatment for Your Lips?
There are so many lip treatment products out there, but many of them only offer a temporary plumping effect – they don’t do much for your lip area in the long run. This is where the Dermalogica Nightly Lip Treatment stands out. Use it regularly and it’ll help your lips in so many ways. From hydrating that delicate skin to smoothing away lip lines, this is a treatment that we’d highly recommend for anyone seeking a fuller, firmer, and better-looking pout.