Not a fan of heavy makeup but wish you could blur away some of those blemishes on your face? You’re not alone, which is exactly why BB creams became so popular. Short for beauty/blemish balm, these formulas are unique in how they bring together the worlds of skincare and makeup – they provide sheer coverage that minimizes imperfections while also offering up a range of skincare benefits.
While that may be how a good BB cream should perform, there are many sub-par products out there that are either too thick, too heavy, or simply don’t work well for a number of other reasons. This can make it tricky to choose a quality BB cream, especially when you’re shopping online and aren’t able to physically test formulas out.
However, this is where we come in. If LifeCell’s BB Cream is a product that you’ve been eyeing up, you’ll be happy to know that we’ve done all of the necessary research and product testing for you. So, to find out if this formula is the right one for you, read our lifecell review to learn everything that we’ve discovered.
Table of Contents
- What is the Life Cell BB Cream?
- What Are the Benefits of This Beauty Balm?
- Ingredients and Available Shades for Different Skin Types
- How to Use the LifeCell BB Expert Formula
- Are There Any Side Effects?
- Before and After – Appearance
- Customer Reviews and Opinions of the LifeCell BB Face Cream
- Where Can You Get This Skincare Product?
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- LifeCell BB Cream Review Conclusion
What is the Life Cell BB Cream?
The BB Cream from LifeCell is a creamy, tinted balm that has been designed to cover flaws while infusing the skin with antioxidants at the same time. Unlike many of the other BB creams out there, this one also contains SPF 30, which will save you from having to use a separate sunscreen.
What Are the Benefits of This Beauty Balm?
This BB cream formula offers up a number of benefits, with the most significant being:
- Offers enough coverage to minimize the appearance of imperfections, including fine lines and enlarged pores
- Can be used to color correct an uneven skin tone
- Hydrates, plumps, and smooths dry skin
- Provides broad-spectrum SPF 30, which is what your skin needs to stay protected from both UVA and UVB rays
- Delivers a range of antioxidants to the skin which is why it should be a part of your daily anti-aging skincare routine. These help to strengthen skin cells while repairing damage, making them a must-have for anyone with anti-aging as their goal
Your face is not the only part of your body that’s constantly on display and that always needs to look fresh and hydrated, your hands need equal treatment and we suggest the LifeCell Overnight Hand treatment. Read our lifecell overnight hand treatment review.
Ingredients and Available Shades for Different Skin Types
LifeCell’s BB cream is available in three different shades, but all of them share the same combination of ingredients. Some of the most noteworthy ingredients in this LifeCell skincare product include:
- Aloe barbadensis leaf juice – one of the most multi-purpose of skincare ingredients, aloe is packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and enzymes, giving it the ability to do everything from hydrate the skin to reduce inflammation in order to combat the signs of aging
- Green tea leaf extract – this botanical is packed with powerful antioxidants. It’ll lower the levels of free radicals in your skin while also offering an additional form of sun protection 
- Sweet almond oil – packed with vitamins E and K, a combination that not only improves skin elasticity but also boosts skin cell regeneration 
- Hydrogenated castor oil – another antioxidant-rich ingredient that provides plenty of day moisture to the skin while also reducing puffiness
- Titanium dioxide – a mineral that helps to block UV rays from penetrating into the surface of the skin
- Melanin – another ingredient that absorbs UV rays to protect the skin from sun damage
We’ve covered the good, but what about the bad? We’ve reviewed several LifeCell products over the years, and one of the reasons we love this brand is because of how their products don’t usually contain any harmful ingredients, and this BB cream is no exception. There aren’t any ingredients in this formula that concern us, making this a product that we would feel safe to use on a daily basis.
Dark, Medium, or Light: Which Shade Would Work the Best for Your Skin Tone?
As mentioned, there are three shades of this BB cream to choose from, so which should you pick?
Unfortunately, this isn’t something that LifeCell helps with, but it isn’t too difficult to decide. Those with fair or light skin tones should pick the light shade, while those with tanned or olive skin tones would be best with the medium shade. For dark skin tones, choose dark.
If your skin tone lies somewhere in the middle of two of the main shades, you always have the option of buying two different shades and then mixing them to create your own unique color.
How to Use the LifeCell BB Expert Formula
This BB cream couldn’t be easier to apply. Simply dispense a small amount of the product onto your hands and then apply this to your face. Ideally, do so at least 15 minutes before exposure to the sun in order for the SPF 30 to take effect.
This cream is best applied at the end of your skin care regimen, either after or instead of a moisturizer. You can then either leave your face bare or continue on with makeup – this product makes for a great primer!
Are There Any Side Effects?
Since all of the ingredients used in this dermatologist-tested formula are proven to be safe, there aren’t any known side effects associated with this product. It’s designed for every skin type too, meaning that even those with sensitive skin will be able to use it without any issues.
Before and After – Appearance
We’ve checked out a number of before and after photos and have been very much impressed by what we’ve seen. While this formula doesn’t conceal blemishes and dark spots in the same way that a foundation does, it definitely makes them much less noticeable. Your appearance will take on a smoother and more even finish, and, thanks to the hydrating ingredients in this blend, you’ll also experience a radiant glow.
Customer Reviews and Opinions of the LifeCell BB Face Cream
Reading customer reviews is a great way to find out how a product works on various skin types and concerns. As we expected, the reviews for this BB cream were very positive. People love how smooth and unblemished their skin looks after just one application – some use it on its own, not needing to apply more makeup because of the perfect amount of coverage provided by this formula, while others use it to create a matte canvas that they can then build on with other makeup products.
Where Can You Get This Skincare Product?
There are a number of retailers that sell this anti-aging BB cream, but we would recommend purchasing it from LifeCell’s official website. This will allow you to benefit from any deals and discounts offered by the brand, along with their 30-day money-back guarantee.
RELATED: lifecell hair restoration reviews
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How do you use the LifeCell BB Cream underneath your eyes?
Apply a few small dots of the BB cream underneath your eyes. Then, use either your finger or a brush to evenly blend the product into your skin.
Q: Can you use the LifeCell BB Cream instead of a coverage foundation?
Yes! LifeCell’s BB Cream is a great alternative to a coverage foundation, although it will leave you with a sheerer finish.
Q: Can you combine this skin cream with other products?
Yes, this cream can easily be combined with other skincare and makeup products.
LifeCell BB Cream Review Conclusion
No matter how well you look after your skin, imperfections are inevitable, whether this may be fine lines, dark spots, or an uneven skin tone. This makes it vital to have a good BB cream in your skincare/makeup stash, and LifeCell’s offering is, without a doubt, one of our favorites. It’ll hide imperfections while treating your skin to a vast selection of hydrating and anti-aging compounds, resulting in both instant and long-term benefits.