Everyone wants to look their best, and when YouTube beauty mavens rave about a product, the internet listens.
Spin brushes for skin cleanliness and exfoliation have been around for a few years. Touted for their “powered up exfoliation” abilities, these vanity brushes claim to do everything from help cure acne to make skin softer.
Some even claim they can help lighten dark spots.
So, what’s the truth? Are skin spin brushes healthy for your skin? Is the Vanity Planet Spin for Perfect Skin brush worth it?
We’ll tell you everything you need to know before you buy in further in our Vanity Planet Spin for Perfect Skin review.
Table of Contents
Are Spin Brushes Good for Your Skin?
You know how important it is to wash your face before bed.
Removing your makeup and cleansing your skin removes the oil, dirt, and pollutants that build upon it during the day.
These irritants can clog pores, causing blemishes like blackheads and acne.
Many of us also exfoliate as part of our skincare routines.
Exfoliating removes the surface layer of dead skin cells, which can make your skin look dull and dingy.
Eliminating these cells brings newer, fresher skin to the surface, giving you a healthy glow.
It also allows for better penetration of your beauty products and moisturizers.
You can exfoliate two ways: mechanically and chemically.
Chemical exfoliation uses a mild acid to dissolve dead skin cells. Mechanical exfoliation involves using a tool—usually cloth or brush—to remove dead skin cells physically.
Spin brushes mechanically exfoliate your skin. The brush oscillates and gently buffs away the old, dead skin cells, smoothing, and cleansing your skin at the same time.
Spin for Perfect Skin – Complete Face & Body Cleansing System Specs and Claims
Vanity Planet’s Spin for Perfect Skin system retails at $99.99. You can often find discounts on Groupon or coupon codes online, dropping the price to $29.99.
Touted as a “complete face & body cleansing system,” the Skin for Perfect Skin comes in three colors: Midnight Black, Bombshell Blue, and Pucker-Up Pink.
The handle has one speed that works effectively on your face and body for all skin types. It is water-resistant, but not waterproof, so make sure you don’t submerge it.
The Spin for Perfect Skin system uses four AA batteries that are not included.
Each package includes four different Vanity Planet face brush attachments:
Daily Cleansing Facial Brush. This Vanity Planet daily cleansing facial brush has ultra-soft nylon bristles. Designed for everyday use, it provides a soft yet thorough cleansing.
Exfoliating Facial Brush. Designed to “break apart dead, hardened skin cells,” the exfoliating spin brush is more robust. The synthetic bristles make this appropriate for weekly rather than daily use.
Body Brush. Use this larger, Vanity Planet skin nylon brush attachment for exfoliating the arms, legs, and chest area.
Pumice Stone. The pumice stone attachment is for your feet. Vanity Planet takes care to state that this attachment is not meant for use anywhere else on the body without consulting a dermatologist.
You will need to replace your Vanity Planet brushes every two to three months. The Daily Cleansing Brush and Exfoliating Facial Brush are offered singly for $9.99 each.
An entire set of the Spin for Perfect Skin brushes, and the pumice stone, can be replaced for $20.99. Vanity Planet replacement heads can be shipped to you automatically through a subscription service.
The system has a one year warranty that covers manufacturer’s defects, but not damages or wear and tear from use.
The Vanity Planet Spin for Perfect Skin system claims to be beneficial for your skin from head to toe.
The Vanity Planet brush heads for face and body and the pumice stone for your feet help clear away dead skin cells to reveal newer, brighter skin. People with all skin types can use this product.
The features of the system include:
- Cleanses and exfoliates to reveal radiant skin
- Removes bacteria to promote clearer skin
- Reduces pore size, so skin appears smoother and brighter
- Micro-massage technology buffs off dirt, oil, and debris leaving skin smooth, soft, and ready to absorb masks, serums, and moisturizers
- Water-resistant for use in the bath and shower
How to Use the Spin for Perfect Skin Brush
Using the Spin for Perfect Skin system is easy.
- Remove your makeup. Clean skin will help the Vanity Planet cleansing brush do its job, removing dead skin cells. It will also prevent stains on your brush.
- Dampen skin. Damp skin helps spread your cleanser and ensure the brush moves smoothly over your skin.
- Apply cleanser to the vanity facial brush or skin. Be sure to avoid exfoliating products with large or jagged particles.
- Hold the vanity spin brush lightly against the skin. Turn the system on and move it in gentle circles. Too much pressure may damage your skin.
- Rinse. Clean both your face and your brushes. You should clean your Vanity Planet face and body brushes with soap after every use. Used brushes should be soaked in alcohol for one minute once a month.
What Reviewers Said
Most users had very positive things to say in their Vanity Planet Spin for Perfect Skin review. On Vanity Planet’s website, the majority of the 21,000 reviews are glowing.
Nearly 73 percent of Vanity Planet Spin for Perfect Skin Users gave the system five stars. Less than 6 percent rated it 1 star.
But is it the ultimate skin spa brush system? We want you to have all the information before you purchase a pro spin brush for perfect skin. We took a closer look at our Vanity Planet brush review.
The daily cleansing brush was the favorite Vanity spin brush. Some users claimed that it cleared up their acne and prevented breakouts, even reducing and removing blackheads and whiteheads.
The spinning motion also provided a stimulating yet gentle massage.
Some people with delicate skin found this brush, soft as it is, too much for daily use. Weekly use, however, was encouraged with excellent results.
Overall, users found that their skin was noticeably softer and brighter after they began using the Spin for Perfect Skin brush heads.
The Vanity Planet exfoliating brush was the second favorite brush head with denser bristles that give you a deeper, more thorough cleanse. Users recommend using this brush two to three times a week.
Some reviewers with delicate skin found that their skin was red after use and warn that too firm a hand may irritate sensitive skin.
The Least Favorites
Reviews on the body cleansing brush were mixed. While most liked the density and feel of it, some reviewers found it to be too big. They had a difficult time exfoliating the curves of their skin.
Others found that the handle did not provide enough power to exfoliate your body effectively.
The pumice stone was the least favorite of all of the handle attachments. Many found that the spin was not strong enough to remove callouses.
They saw better results with a tool made specifically for pedicures, not on a device made for facial use.
Let’s look at the overall pros and cons of the Vanity Planet Spin for Perfect Skin complete face and body cleansing system.
- The skin was smoother after use
- Acne, blackheads, and whiteheads occurred less often with consistent use
- Brush heads were appropriately sized and contoured the face
- Handle unit is a convenient size, shape, and weight
- The water-resistant handle makes shower use safe and convenient
- Coupons are often available to reduce the cost of the unit
- Many users weren’t happy that the system required batteries instead of a rechargeable system
- Brushes are too abrasive for daily use on sensitive skin
- Body brush and pumice stone under-perform
- Only one-speed setting
- The unit’s spin can be too much and splatter soap and water
Should You Buy the Vanity Planet Spin for Perfect Skin System?
Overall, most people who use this spin brush system are delighted.
Most found the quality of the unit and brushes to be high, particularly when using a coupon to lower the price.
Replacement brushes are a good value, and Vanity Planet makes replacing the brush heads easy and convenient with their subscription system.
Most importantly, over 70 percent of users found that they had cleaner, brighter skin after using the Spin for Perfect Skin brush.